Conscious Listening is the most difficult communication skill to learn… and the most important to have. Yet despite its importance, listening is often at the bottom of the hierarchy of communication skills taught at the workplace. Studies show employees spend 45% of each workday listening, and senior managers spend 55%.
My corporate training company teaches advanced listening to larger groups. I can help you personally improve your own listening skills or those of your team. I offer many listening tools:
- Sounding Board: I help people solve business problems by bringing my laser-like attention skills to helping them come up with their own solutions.
- Small Teams Training: Improve your office communication with 6 half-hour segments built around my listening self-assessment
- An Online Self-Assessment
- One-on-one skill coaching with people
- Speaking at a company meeting or event
- Writing about listening for your company publications
One of the nice perks of using Conscious Listening skills with subordinates is that many of them come to realize they do not need to come to you the second time to solve a problem, because you’ve already shown them how to do it for themselves.
Bring excellent listening to your workplace—and reap the rewards of smoother operations, the job done right the first time, more ears listening to your marketplace and a head start on your competition.